The Accounting Manager holds responsibility for managing the overall accounting operations of Intellijoint Surgical and will provide accurate information to senior management. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for directing and managing the company's accounting functions, as well as the preparation of financial statements and reporting to top management and externally. This role also maintains the company's accounting systems and implements changes as required. This role reports to the VP, Finance and will help to guide and mentor other members of the team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, revenue, accounts receivable, cost of sales, inventory, accounts payable
- Play a critical role in streamlining and implementing accounting processes
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal, regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for each department
- Work with Operations to define, measure, analyze, improve and control current business processes which impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency
- Work with external auditors, external funders, and lenders
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information
- Coordinating the year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements and external reporting to financial institutions, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met
- Supporting new systems or project selections and implementation from a strategic finance and internal control perspective
- Identify areas for automation and continuous improvement and develop the necessary processes
- Provide strategic analysis as required to drive improved decision making
- Other related duties and required or assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree or College diploma in Business/Accounting/Finance, with advanced degree or professional accounting designation (such as CA, CPA, CGA, CMA) preferred
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications
- Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis techniques
- Good project management skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes and meet set deadlines
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership, coaching, communication, presentation, problem solving and organizational skills are essential
- Strong technical abilities using Excel and Google Sheets and the ability to adapt to and learn new software
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
What does success look like in this role?
- Leadership understands exactly how we are tracking compared to our budget.
- Colleagues across departments are happy because of the great process improvements you’ve helped design and implement.
- Accounting functions are operating smoothly and are predictable with a balance of strong controls and efficient processes.
To apply, please visit our job board. We thank you for your interest in Intellijoint Surgical; only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. We look forward to hearing from you.