Intellijoint is seeking a Clinical Sales Associate to provide case support and focus on the retention of existing Intellijoint (IJS) users. This role would work closely with the entire North East Sales team to quickly learn the medical device industry with the goal of contributing to our growth in the territory. This is a fast-paced position working with thought leaders in the orthopedic surgery field and provides an opportunity to work with a disruptive technology that can improve surgical outcomes and restore a patient’s quality of life. It requires a self-starter who can build relationships quickly and can handle a dynamic environment and changing schedule. This position will support some of the biggest hospitals in New York and will report directly to the Clinical Sales Manager, North East.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional intra-operative support of Intellijoint products to existing IJS customers within assigned region
- Visit all Intellijoint customers within assigned region as prioritized by the Clinical Sales Manager and Regional Sales Manager
- Site management of hospitals within an assigned region
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and implement strategies for increased usage of Intellijoint products with existing IJS customers
- Support ongoing clinical programs at existing IJS hospitals as necessary
- Support the adoption of new Intellijoint products in the future to existing IJS customers
- Coordinate, communicate and collaborate with complementary medical device suppliers
- Maintain and track all systems and inventory
- Identify issues and work cross functionally to find resolutions
- Help coordinate access to IJS customers for IJS employees as required
Required Skills and Experience
- B.A./B.S. Degree in biomedical engineering, life sciences, nursing, or technical discipline with work experience in orthopedic field, hospital/clinic or sales
- An interest in pursuing a career in medical sales
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent 2-handed lifting of up to 40 lbs. from floor to chair/table and from one to another surface at approximately the same level
- Sitting, standing and/or walking for up to eight plus hours per day
- Environmental exposures include eye protection, infectious disease and radiation
- Ability to wear 7-9 lbs of lead for extended periods of time while in the Operating Room
- Frequent bending/stooping, squatting and balance
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in relation to travel and operating a personal computer.
- Ability to travel throughout the territory extensively with ease
- Must be able to drive approximately 80% of the time within assigned territory
- Clinical Sales Associates are required to be within their assigned territory each day to be available as unscheduled needs arise
- Clinical Sales Associates are periodically required to work weekends, evenings and nights. Clinical Sales Associates serve as a primary resource for scheduled and on-call assignments and as a back up to Clinical Account Managers during unassigned weekends, evenings and nights
- Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy
To apply, please visit our job board. We thank you for your interest in Intellijoint Surgical, only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview, we look forward to hearing from you.