The Clinical Specialist will provide case support coverage and focus on educating and supporting new Intellijoint users and ensure the retention of existing users. This role will work closely with the Northeast area Sales team to quickly learn the medical device industry with the goal of contributing to our growth in the territory. This is a fast-paced position working with thought leaders in the orthopaedic surgery field and provides an opportunity to work with a disruptive technology that can improve surgical outcomes and restore a patient’s quality of life. It requires a self-starter who can build relationships quickly and can handle a dynamic environment and changing schedule. This position will support some of the biggest hospitals in the Northeast area and will report directly to the Regional Manager.
As a snapshot, we are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about medical device technology
- Ready to be exposed to the Operating Room and support customers through the use of our products
- An excellent communicator with the ability to build professional relationships with hospitals and surgeons
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional intraoperative support of Intellijoint Surgical products to existing customers within the assigned region
- Provide clinical and technical in-services to new surgeons and medical staff within the assigned region
- Visit all Intellijoint customers within assigned region as prioritized by the Clinical Sales Manager and Regional Sales Manager
- Site management of hospitals within an assigned region
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and implement strategies for increased usage of Intellijoint products with existing customers
- Support ongoing clinical programs at existing hospitals as necessary
- Support the adoption of new Intellijoint products in the future to existing customers
- Coordinate, communicate and collaborate with complementary medical device suppliers
- Maintain and track all systems and inventory
- Identify issues and work cross functionally to find resolutions
- Help coordinate access to customers for Intellijoint employees as required
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree in engineering, nursing, life sciences, biology, kinesiology or a related technical discipline
- An interest in pursuing a career in medical sales
- Extremely well organized with incredible attention to detail
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent two-handed lifting of up to 40 pounds from floor to chair/table and from one to another surface at approximately the same level
- Sitting, standing and/or walking for up to eight plus hours per day
- Environmental exposures include eye protection, infectious disease and radiation
- Ability to wear seven to nine pounds of lead for extended periods of time while in the Operating Room
- Frequent bending/stooping, squatting and balance
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in relation to travel and operating a personal computer.
- Ability to travel throughout the territory extensively with ease (must have access to a car)
- Must be able to drive approximately 80% of the time within assigned territory
- Clinical Specialists are required to be within their assigned territory each day to be available as unscheduled needs arise
- Clinical Specialists are periodically required to work weekends, evenings and nights. Clinical Specialists serve as a primary resource for scheduled and on-call assignments
- Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy
- We do not expect to hire someone who fits the position 100%
- We expect that you will be passionate about growth and you can expect that we will support you along the way
- You can expect to work hard but know that you will be rewarded for that hard work
- You can expect change within our growing company
- You can expect that we help you be you!
- Flexibility so that you can do your best both at work and outside of it
- Relaxed yet professional workplace that encourages inclusivity
- An understanding of how your performance is measured
- Culture = Passion. We have a ton of passion for the product, improving patients’ lives and working collaboratively to achieve common goals
- Oh ya, some amazing social events too! These will be formal, informal, scheduled and pop up out of no where. Be prepared, we like to work hard but have some fun too!
If you aren’t happy about these expectations, we may not be the company for you. If you are happy, great! We would love to hear from you!
Journey, Mission and Future of Intellijoint Surgical
- What we are doing is "improving patients' lives by providing every surgeon with effective, easy-to-use technology."
- Born out of a University of Waterloo final year design project, our product improves the accuracy of hip replacements
- In a nut shell, Intellijoint HIP® provides surgeons with real-time, intraoperative measurements to ensure proper positioning of orthopaedic implants during total hip replacement
- Already, our product is being used in thousands of surgeries that spread throughout the United States, Canada and Australia and we will continue to look at expansion into other areas
To apply, please visit our job board. This is a full time, permanent position based in Connecticut. Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration. Only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you!