Intellijoint Surgical is seeking a Director of Marketing who will lead our Marketing team in the development and execution of strategic programs, market analysis and tactical marketing plans that result in sales growth, increased market penetration and enhanced brand awareness. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will guide the Marketing team through Intellijoint’s exciting growth and expansion. This individual will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic start-up environment. We take pride in having a direct impact on the lives of patients through the work we do every day.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaboratively develops and implements strategic marketing plan
- Leads and provides direction for the Marketing team to achieve goals
- Deploys strategic projects to shorten the sales cycle of Intellijoint products
- Develops and strategically manages marketing operating budgets to achieve best ROI and improved sales performance
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports with ROI data and presents to the leadership team
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Designs and implements product positioning, packaging and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share
- Achieves realistic profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends
- Collaborates with Sales team to develop detailed product and sales forecasts for specific product lines
- Maintains relations with customers by developing and organizing specific customer relations programs; determining company presence at conventions, annual meetings, trade associations, and seminars
- Maintains close connections with Sales, Clinical, R&D, Regulatory, and Operations, to ensure consistent and effective marketing messaging
- Supports the Education Program Lead in guiding the strategic direction for Intellijoint’s education and training program
- Develops individuals on the Marketing team by providing support, information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities
- Acts as an expert in all-things marketing by constantly learning in the field, attending professional development events, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in science/technical area, Master’s degree in marketing preferred
- Experience with coaching and developing a team
- 7+ years of professional marketing experience
- 3+ years healthcare marketing experience preferred (bonus points for medical devices, life sciences or pharmaceuticals)
- Strong computer/digital skills including understanding of marketing tools like Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Proven written and oral communications skills including strong presentation skills and ability to influence management
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Adaptable to various duties as necessary in a start-up environment including the ability to work on multiple projects of varied scope and ability to manage shifting priorities
- Entrepreneurial spirit, high level of initiative and willingness to bring forward new and innovative marketing tactics
- Goal oriented, results-driven professional with the innate ability to connect marketing goals to the overarching company objectives
- Able to hit the ground running, assess our current marketing needs and decide on a course of action
What does success look like in this role?
- Marketing efforts significantly contribute to accelerated surgeon adoption and shortened sales cycle, as assessed by relevant KPIs
- Intellijoint brand awareness is built through strategic marketing initiatives
- This role will be based out of Intellijoint Surgical’s main office in Waterloo, ON
- Occasional travel throughout the U.S. is required, candidates must have a valid passport and the ability to travel to the U.S.
To apply, please visit our job board. We thank you for your interest in Intellijoint Surgical; only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. We look forward to hearing from you.