We are looking for an energetic and ambitious Human Resources Coordinator to assist in providing tactical HR support, recruiting top talent and fostering an amazing employee experience for the entire Intellijoint Surgical team. This role will join a small but growing HR team, reporting to the Director of Human Resources and closely supporting the Talent Acquisition Partner. We are looking for someone who is passionate about people and implementing processes and best practices to support scaling growth.
As a snapshot, we are looking for someone who is:
- Excited about company growth and interested in supporting the people of Intellijoint to achieve their best work
- Resourceful when it comes to HR best practices, legislation and policies
- Experienced with a variety of HR functions including working with an HRIS, recruitment, policy building, and general HR administration
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Continuously foster and cultivate a strong Intellijoint culture, gathering insight and providing an analysis on how the culture can improve and grow
- Be a part of culture building by suggesting team building and community events, social activities, and anything to help us live our Intellijoint Surgical values of being collaborative and community-oriented, energetic, thoughtful, and nimble
- Provide recruitment support by reviewing applicants and screening resumes, scheduling interviews and assisting with tracking applicants through the recruitment process
- Perform onboarding tasks for new employees including the scheduling of travel when needed, assisting in the development of a training plan, ensuring their workspace is setup and ready, and that all administrative tasks relating to the new hire are complete
- Support the Talent Acquisition Partner with planning, setting-up, and any logistics of recruitment-related events
- Manage both digital and hard copies of employee records, ensuring all information is obtained, up-to-date and correct
- Support the benefits administration process and work closely with our Finance team to ensure payroll updates are made on time
- Provide administrative support in applying for employer awards and regularly be looking for new ways to stay competitive to attract top talent
- Revamp our Employee Handbook to ensure we are meeting legislative requirements, while still capturing the voice of Intellijoint’s culture
- Stay up-to-date with employment legislation and support the Director of HR with policy building and training requirements as we expand internationally
- Assist with external and internal HR related inquiries, including employee relations, HR training, and policy-related questions
- Participate in ad-hoc HR related projects
Required Skills and Experience
- At least one year of experience in a human resources related role
- Bachelors degree or diploma in Human Resources
- CHRP designation is an asset
- High levels of honesty, diplomacy and tact, with an ability to always maintain confidentiality
- Incredible communication skills, with the ability to maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the company
- We do not expect to hire someone who fits the position 100%
- We expect that you will be passionate about growth and you can expect that we will support you along the way
- You can expect to work hard but know that you will be rewarded for that hard work
- You can expect change within our growing company
- You can expect that we help you be you!
- Flexibility so that you can do your best both at work and outside of it
- Relaxed yet professional workplace that encourages inclusivity
- An understanding of how your performance is measured
- Culture = Passion. We have a ton of passion for the product, improving patients’ lives and working collaboratively to achieve common goals
- Oh ya, some amazing social events too! These will be formal, informal, scheduled and pop up out of no where. Be prepared, we like to work hard but have some fun too!
If you aren’t happy about these expectations, we may not be the company for you. If you are happy, great! We would love to hear from you!
The Journey, Mission and Future of Intellijoint Surgical
- What we are doing is “improving patients’ lives by providing every surgeon with effective, easy-to-use technology.”
- Born out of a University of Waterloo final year design project, Intellijoint HIP® improves the accuracy of hip replacements by providing surgeons with real-time, intraoperative measurements to ensure proper positioning of orthopaedic implants during total hip replacement
- Already, our product is being used in thousands of surgeries that spread throughout the United States, Canada and Australia and we will continue to look at expansion into other areas and with new and innovative products
To apply, please visit our job board. This is a full time, permanent position based at Intellijoint Surgical’s main office in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration. Only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you!