The Marketing and Sales Development Representative will implement marketing and lead generation strategies with the goal of actively shortening the sales cycle and supporting the Sales Team throughout it. This is a unique hybrid downstream marketing and inside sales position focused on generating and vetting leads, while also supporting the sales team through the completion of the sales cycle.
As a snapshot, we are looking for someone who is:
- Experienced in generating and qualifying leads
- An outstanding communicator to a wide variety of audiences
- Knowledgeable in the sales cycle, customer relationship and sales funnel management
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Expectations and Employee Experience
- We do not expect to hire someone who fits the position 100%
- We expect that you will be passionate about growth and you can expect that we will support you along the way
- You can expect to work hard but know that you will be rewarded for that hard work
- You can expect change within our growing company
- You can expect that we help you be you!
- Flexibility so that you can do your best both at work and outside of it
- Relaxed yet professional workplace that encourages inclusivity
- An understanding of how your performance is measured
- Culture = Passion. We have a ton of passion for the product, improving patients’ lives and working collaboratively to achieve common goals
- Oh ya, some amazing social events too! These will be formal, informal, scheduled and pop up out of no where. Be prepared, we like to work hard but have some fun too!
*If you aren’t happy about these expectations, we may not be the company for you.
**If you are happy, great, we would love to hear from you!
- Hunt for new business through the utilization of research techniques, identifying key decision makers and establishing a strategy of attack
- Qualify new business opportunities (warm leads) and set appointments for our sales representatives
- Continuously leverage creative prospecting techniques to generate and qualify business opportunities including the use of marketing campaigns social media and other means
- Concisely and effectively communicate Intellijoint’s value proposition to prospective customers and re-engage with cold customers when design changes and new products are released
- Manage all content data and ensure that sales representatives are provided with all of the information they need to act on leads being transitioned to the sales representative
- Maintain strong customer relationship management and continuously track prospects throughout the sales process
- Participate in the development of sales enablement tools and strategies
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing and Sales teams to deliver the best customer experience always
- Note that some minimal travel will be required
- Shorten the sales cycle
- Increase the quantity and quality of leads
Required Skills and Experience
- Greater than 1 year of sales development, business development or inside sales experience where your contributions have seen a true increase in leads generated
- Proven experience increasing the quantity and quality of leads through various creative initiatives, specifically for a disruptive product or innovation that is new to the market
- Incredible communication skills along with the willingness to communicate extensively over the phone while also building professional relationships
- Experience working with CRM applications
- Self-starter and the ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrative initiative, negotiating and coaching skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills with the ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- The ability to speak Spanish is an asset
The Journey, Mission and Future of Intellijoint
- What we are doing is “improving patients’ lives by providing every surgeon with effective, easy-to-use technology.”
- Born out of a University of Waterloo final year design project, our product improves the accuracy of hip replacements
- In a nut shell, Intellijoint HIP® provides surgeons with real-time, interoperative measurements to ensure proper positioning of orthopaedic implants during Total Hip Arthroplasty.
- Already, our product is being used in thousands of surgeries that spread throughout the United States, Canada and Australia and we will continue to look at expansion into other areas.
To apply, please visit our job board. This is a full time, permanent position based at Intellijoint Surgical’s main office in Kitchener, ON. Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration. Only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you!