As the Mechanical Engineer Co-Op, you will work on the hardware aspects of our custom designed medical devices. We are looking for someone who can be “hands on” with the products and concepts we develop. We are also looking for someone who is creative and eager to learn within a dynamic environment.
As a snapshot, we are looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for medical technology
- Has a strong understanding of 3D modelling
- Has exposure to CAD, specifically Creo, Parametric and SolidWorks
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the brainstorming and design of jigs and fixtures to support assembly operations
- Participate in cost reduction and test execution, writing engineering memos to support internal QMS requirements
- Implement minor drawing (CAD) changes and release documents through the change management process
- Assist in formal test unit management and inventory
- Participate in design for manufacturing reviews and planning meetings
- Assemble fixtures for test protocols as required
- Assist with lab organization and inventory management
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics or Systems Engineering
- Basic understanding of materials and assembly methods
- Basic understanding of dimensioning and detailing practices
- Basic CAD software skills
Expectations and Employee Experience
- It is unrealistic for us to believe we will find someone who fits this position 100%
- Be passionate about growth, both personally and professionally and know that we will support you along the way
- Work hard each and every day but know that you will be rewarded for that hard work
- Be ok with change, this will happen as we scale but this should be seen as exciting and something you want
- You can expect that we help you be you!
- Flexibility so that you can do your best both at work and outside of it
- Relaxed yet professional workplace that encourages inclusivity
- An understanding of how your performance is measured
- Culture = Passion: we have a ton of passion for the product, improving patients’ lives and working collaboratively to achieve common goals
- Oh ya, some amazing social events too! These will be formal, informal, scheduled and pop up out of no where. Be prepared, we like to work hard but have some fun too!
If you aren’t happy about these expectations, we may not be the company for you. If you are happy, great! We would love to hear from you!
The Journey, Mission and Future of Intellijoint
- What we are doing is “improving patients’ lives by providing every surgeon with effective, easy-to-use technology.”
- Born out of a University of Waterloo final year design project, our product improves the accuracy of hip replacements
- In a nutshell, Intellijoint HIP® provides surgeons with real-time, interoperative measurements to ensure proper positioning of orthopaedic implants during Total Hip Arthroplasty.
- Already, our product is being used in thousands of surgeries that spread throughout the United States, Canada and Australia and we will continue to look at expansion into other areas.
To apply, please visit our job board. This is a co-op position based at Intellijoint Surgical’s main office in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration. Only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you!