We are looking for a Receptionist to be the first point of contact for guests to Intellijoint Surgical! This key role will act as an ambassador for the Medical Innovation Xchange (MIX) and liaise with visitors to a variety of medical technology companies. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this role will embody Intellijoint’s culture by representing our Values of being Collaborative and Community-oriented, Energetic, Nimble, and Thoughtful. The Receptionist will approach all tasks with a can-do attitude while taking pride in solving problems and getting the job done, no matter how big or small.
As a snapshot, we are looking for someone who is:
- Welcoming and energetic, making all guests feel at home
- Highly organized and able to help keep our busy operation running smoothly
- Service-oriented and happy to take care of the entire Intellijoint team
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
- Reception (phone and in person)
- Ensuring common areas are tidy
- Monitoring and assisting with meeting room turnover
- Ordering office supplies
- Stocking coffee and kitchen supplies
- Filing and photocopying
- Handling incoming mail and parcel deliveries
- Liaise with facilities service providers and vendors
- Arrange meetings as called upon
- Assist other functional areas with their administrative needs for the office
- Arrange for catering and ordering lunches
- Oversee all arrangements for onsite client meetings
- Manage facilities, office equipment, and furniture
- Assist with scheduling offsite social events for our team
- Board meeting scheduling and preparation
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- At least one year of experience in a Receptionist or administrative support role
- No task too big or too small approach
- Professionalism, a positive attitude and a great team spirit are key to success in this role
- Excellent organizational skills to manage issues that arise and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems with innovative and creative solutions
- Experience working in a fast-paced driven environment, a great track record in a start-up is a definite asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communicator (both written and verbal) with excellent customer service skills
- Basic level working experience in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft PowerPoint
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle
Expectations and Employee Experience
- It is unrealistic for us to believe we will find someone who fits the position 100%
- Be passionate about growth both personally and professionally and know that we will support you along the way
- Work hard each and every day but know that you will be rewarded for that hard work
- Be ok with change, this will happen as we scale but this should be seen as exciting and something you want
- You can expect that we help you be you!
- Flexibility so that you can do your best both at work and outside of it
- Relaxed yet professional workplace that encourages inclusivity
- An understanding of how your performance is measured
- Culture = Passion: we have a ton of passion for the product, improving patients’ lives and working collaboratively to achieve common goals
- Oh ya, some amazing social events too! These will be formal, informal, scheduled and pop up out of no where. Be prepared, we like to work hard but have some fun too!
If you aren’t happy about these expectations, we may not be the company for you. If you are happy, great! We would love to hear from you!
The Journey, Mission and Future of Intellijoint
- What we are doing is “improving patients’ lives by providing every surgeon with effective, easy-to-use technology.”
- Born out of a University of Waterloo final year design project, our product improves the accuracy of hip replacements
- In a nut shell, Intellijoint HIP® provides surgeons with real-time, interoperative measurements to ensure proper positioning of orthopaedic implants during Total Hip Arthroplasty.
- Already, our product is being used in thousands of surgeries that spread throughout the United States, Canada and Australia and we will continue to look at expansion into other areas.
To apply, please visit our job board. This is a full time, permanent position based at Intellijoint Surgical’s main office in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration. Only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you!