Intellijoint Surgical® is seeking a Senior Marketing Manager who will lead our marketing team in the development and execution of strategic programs, market analysis and tactical marketing plans that result in sales growth, increased market penetration and enhanced brand awareness. Reporting to the VP, Sales & Marketing, you will guide the marketing team through Intellijoint Surgical’s exciting growth and expansion.
This individual will thrive in fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic start-up environment. We take pride in having a direct impact on the lives of patients through the work we do every day. Come join us on our journey!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budgets.
- Design and implement product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieves realistic profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Collaborates with Sales team to develop detailed product and sales forecasts for specific product lines.
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to Executive Management.
- Maintains relations with customers by organizing and developing specific customer-relations programs; determining company presence at conventions, annual meetings, trade associations, and seminars.
- Maintain close connections with Sales, Clinical, R&D, Regulatory and Operations, to ensure consistent and effective marketing messaging.
- Develops Marketing team by providing support, information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Determine product profit margins and develop pricing strategies to support financial objectives.
- Acts as an expert in all-things Marketing by constantly learning in the field, attending professional development events, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in science/technical area, Master’s degree in Marketing preferred
- Experience with coaching and developing a marketing team
- 7+ years of professional marketing experience
- 3+ years healthcare marketing experience preferred (bonus points for medical devices, life sciences or pharmaceuticals)
- Strong computer/digital skills including understanding of marketing tools like Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, etc.
Soft Skills and Key Characteristics
- Proven written and oral communications skills including strong presentation skills and ability to influence management
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Adaptable to various duties as necessary in a start-up environment including the ability to work on multiple projects of varied scope and ability to manage shifting priorities
- Entrepreneurial spirit, high level of initiative and willingness to bring forward new and innovative marketing tactics
- Goal oriented, results-driven professional with the innate ability to connect marketing goals to the overarching company objectives
- Able to hit the ground running, assess our current marketing needs and decide on a course of action
This role will be based at Intellijoint Surgical’s main office in Waterloo, ON.
How to Apply:
Please submit resume, and cover letter for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you!