As the Senior Software Engineer - Lead, you will be someone the team looks up to because of your technical expertise and software development experience. Your primary focus will be software development but you will play a lead role in architectural design, feature breakdown, ensuring quality (via code reviews), and you will help to facilitate validation and verification. By playing a key role in major projects you will help drive the direction of our features and products.
As a snapshot, we are looking for someone who is:
- An experienced Software Engineer who has learned the ropes at several companies
- Keen to keep learning and improving both self and team
- An effective communicator that is able to explain complex concepts and designs
- Collaborative and a good team player who is open to others’ ideas
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Software architecture design and development
- Feature design, development, testing and integration
- Coaching and mentoring other team members
- Complex algorithm implementation (image processing, optimization methods, etc
- Documentation (capturing designs and supporting FDA and Health Canada submissions)
Required Skills and Experience
Skills and Experience to Enable Success
- Strong software development fundamentals
- Experience designing and implementing software architecture (MVC and MVVM)
- In depth knowledge of OOP concepts and principles
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field
Bonus/Willing to Learn: (if you know some of these, great! If not, don’t worry, we value both knowledge and curiosity and we encourage growth)
- Swift, Objective-C and C++
- Cocoa/macOS development
- Linux scripting
- Continuous integration
- Image processing and Computer Vision
- Linear algebra concepts (transformation/rotation matrices, vector/matrix math)
- Functional, reactive programming (e.g. RxJava, RxSwift)
- 3D Visualization (OpenGL, SceneKit)
- Agile development
- Interested in medical technology and how it can genuinely improve surgical outcomes
Expectations and Employee Experience
- It is unrealistic for us to believe we will find someone who fits the position 100%
- Be passionate about growth both personally and professionally and know that we will support you along the way
- Work hard each and every day but know that you will be rewarded for that hard work
- Be ok with change, this will happen as we scale but this should be seen as exciting and something you want
- You can expect that we help you be you!
- Flexibility so that you can do your best both at work and outside of it
- Relaxed yet professional workplace that encourages inclusivity
- An understanding of how your performance is measured
- Culture = Passion: we have a ton of passion for the product, improving patients’ lives and working collaboratively to achieve common goals
- Oh ya, some amazing social events too! These will be formal, informal, scheduled and pop up out of no where. Be prepared, we like to work hard but have some fun too!
If you aren’t happy about these expectations, we may not be the company for you. If you are happy, great! We would love to hear from you!
The Journey, Mission and Future of Intellijoint
- What we are doing is “improving patients’ lives by providing every surgeon with effective, easy-to-use technology.”
- Born out of a University of Waterloo final year design project, our product improves the accuracy of hip replacements
- In a nut shell, Intellijoint HIP® provides surgeons with real-time, interoperative measurements to ensure proper positioning of orthopaedic implants during Total Hip Arthroplasty.
- Already, our product is being used in thousands of surgeries that spread throughout the United States, Canada and Australia and we will continue to look at expansion into other areas.
To apply, please visit our job board. This is a full time, permanent position based at Intellijoint Surgical’s main office in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration. Only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you!